- Lead generation.
Blogs outrank websites by directly feeding search engines new content more often — which increases rankings on Google, Yahoo!and MSN.
- Brand awareness.
Blogs are better indexed by search engines, syndicated through RSS feeds, and many offer free social networking. Built-in marketing mechanisms like ping services and RSS help drive more traffic to a blog than a regular website.
- Competitive advantage.
By frequently providing quality real estate content, a REALTOR® gainscredibility with their community. The blog platform gives an agent a channel to market her greater knowledge base. Since potential clients prefer doing business with agents they “know” and respect as experts, blogging agents generate more leads than non-blogging competitors. An estimated 2 percent of REALTORS® have blogs.
Just the Stats, Ma’am
- 28% of all visits to blogs in 2007 resulted in some kind of action (e-mail sign up, contact form, etc.).
- 92% of all local searches will eventually convert into a sale.
- 75% of Americans use search engines on a regular basis; 40% of all search engine searches are for local businesses and services.
- Google’s share of search queries: 59.2%.
- Yahoo’s share of search queries: 22.2%.