“Stick to a task, ’til it sticks to you. Beginners are many, finishers are few.”
1. Make sure to set up Custom IDX links on your PropertyMinder website. Here you create a convenient landing page based on search criteria you choose. Be strategic. You know what property categories your contacts desire most of all. Your website’s visitors don’t have to figure out how to search for homes; they simply pull up local listings with one click. The website that is easy to navigate, is the website that attracts return visitors.
Custom IDX links will support your marketing efforts, online image, and branding. Your website will easily showcase you as an expert in any neighborhood, property type, and price point. We have integrated the MLS into your sitemap. As your Custom IDX links update each day, so will your website. Once you create a Custom IDX link, Google will forever acknowledge that page. This creates the opportunity for your website to be recommended to “Googlers” browsing for homes. Boost that SEO!
2. Commit to contacting everyone at least once a month in some way (3 times would be ideal). Repetition and consistency is the only part of your overall marketing plan that will give you results. Remember these two words in 2014.
3. It’s chilly outside, so curl up with a good book that will help, motivate, and inspire you. “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie; “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill; “How to Become a Power Agent in Real Estate” by Darryl Davis; “6 Steps to 7 Figures” by Pat Hiban; and “The Millionaire Real Estate Agent” by Gary Keller are some of our recommendations.
4. Look at what you did in the past and plan for the future accordingly. Where did your clients come from: Referrals? Advertising? Farming? What systems did you use to generate leads and which ones will you use in 2014? How much money did you spend on marketing? What will your budget be next year? What do you want that money to accomplish? Don’t let the ghosts of bad habits past haunt you in the future. Jot down a business plan.
5. The holiday season is full of social engagements and get-togethers. These are great networking opportunities. Have your business card with you. Make sure you are prepared to answer real estate and market questions if and when you are asked.